A Non-Clinical Professional Development Course**
Have you ever wanted to put on a continuing education event for behavioral health professionals? You might think that you need a large organization or a committee to do this... but you do not! Doing CE events for therapists can be profitable, fun, and a great way to let clinicians know about other services you have to offer; whether it is your therapy practice, a treatment group, a new book, or more!
If you do not believe that this course has given you a workable guide to doing income producing CE trainings, we offer a full refund if within 30 days of purchase, no conditions!
Whether in the role of speaker/teacher or simply as an organizer, the idea of trying to do your own continuing education events for therapists might feel intriguing, overwhelming, or both. But if you are open to take up this challenge in order to better our profession, we can give you a blueprint to pull this off. Not only can leading professional trainings be rewarding on a personal level, they can also be an additional source of income and a way to market your therapy services in your community. In this course, we will equip you to:
- Choose topics that will interest professionals and bring them to your trainings
- Find speakers and/or refine your own presenting skills
- Decide on your pricing and attendance expectations for your trainings
- Know the different ways to make your trainings income producing and profitable
- Setting budgets for your events
- Understand the various pathways to get continuing education (CE) approval for your trainings
- Identify and secure presentation space that meets your needs and is well priced
- Implement effective marketing strategies to get attendees to your events.
- Investigating how to make CE events a regular income source.
- NEW UPDATE on April 1, 2020...no fool'n! New material and lectures in the Webinars, Webcasts, and Online Courses section.
**This is a non-Continuing Education (CE) course.
Dr. Stephen "David" Hall heads up content and direction as the "Chief Maven" of PsychMaven, which he founded in 2019. He has been working as a psychotherapist since 2005 and holds clinical licenses in Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling. He has built up personal counseling practices in both Tennessee and Georgia, and in 2015 led the start-up of an independent psychiatry clinic, Haven Family Psychiatry, and then built his current group therapy practice, Haven Counseling Center. Dr. Hall maintains a psychotherapy caseload and supervises postgraduate therapists with his practice. In 2011, Dr. Hall founded the Narrative Institute, and since then has organized and taught continuing education seminars on narrative in psychotherapy, practice building, cultural trends, professional ethics, and other clinical topics; having done live trainings throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom. In 2019, the Narrative Institute became one of the founding component institutes of PsychMaven. Dr. Hall has also worked as a business and clinical consultant in recovery and treatment center start-ups, and has served as the president of the Tennessee Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (TNAMFT), the state division of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). For more on Dr. Hall, visit www.davidhallpsych.com
StartWays to Generate Income- Part 1- Attendance Fees (17:10)
StartWays to Generate Income- Part 2- Sponsors & Affiliates (16:07)
StartDifference between "sponsors" and "co-hosts" for CE purposes (3:03)
StartWays to Generate Income- Part 3- Products, Pre-Sales, & New Business (15:33)
StartCreating An Event Budget- Part 1 (14:08)
StartCreating An Event Budget- Part 2 (11:07)